Interactive Delivery Tracking
Our interactive tracking means recipients and drivers are able to collaborate among them to get a perfect delivery right in the door bell.
The following image illustrates the flow of the tracking tool, and how the access is given to the recipient to the web site. Later on we will explain how you can also embed this experience in your own site or mobile app.
The detail of the steps are :
- 1.A request of delivery is generated in our system via API or DASH tools and is broadcasted to our drivers network.
- 2.Driver confirms the request of delivery and starts the journey to pickup at the time required.
- 3.A unique token is generated to gain access to the tracking link. A notification is sent to the recipient through SMS or EMAIL with the URL and token of the tracking site, when the driver picks up the packages.
- 4.The recipient opens the tracking link in the web site and is able to fix the address, contact information, report a problem and ultimately start a conversation with the driver to solve any problems on the field.
Businesses can provide real time tracking for their customers giving them access to live information and instant updates about their product delivery.
A token is generated in our system given a metadata that contains either the email or the phone of the recipient. Depending on your configurations we send the URL access of the real time tracking web site through 2 channels:
- SMS : If your recipient information contains a phone number and you configure your account to send SMS and charge you the country fee.
- EMAIL : If your recipient information contains an email address . This option is set by default for all accounts. You can customize your email and subject.
- WHATSAPP : Ask to our sales representative about this new channel to send notifications.
The secure url of the tracking page is sent through these mediums once the delivery changes its status. For example you can configure to send the notification to the recipient each time the driver marks in his app that "is going" to the client address.
When the recipient opens the real time tracking site, he will be able to:
- Report a problem The recipient is able to report a missing information or a bad geolocation of his address. We provide a drag and drop tool to fix the location.
- Real time chat with driver: The recipient can establish a conversation via live chat with the driver in order to send instant relevant information that will help fulfill an effective delivery.
We will describe upcoming features and tools you can access. Using our technology, you can create deep integrated and customized look and feel that will give your customer a whole different digital experience.
To integrate real time tracking within your app or your website contact our team at [email protected] and we can help you over with our latest SDKs and Widgets.